- Find something “real” from Enron. By real, I mean actual documents, voices, or material of the real people and events of the Enron case. Avoid journalism in the from of articles. This may be court documents, documentaries, oral histories, blogs form insiders FROM THAT time, Sherry Watkins memo and so on. Hint: I know some business schools wrote cases praising Enron… that would be Ok also. Discuss what you found and what it adds to our knowledge of Enron. Hint: Use the footnotes in the Enron case for some ideas.
- Discuss role of blogging in writing and education. What are pros and cons? What have others said about this?
- Read and respond to the Stanford Encyclopedia article on business ethics. Link to article.
- Provide more background on any of the big thinkers we have read about- C. Wright Mills, Aristotle, John Stuart Mills and utilitarianism, or Kant. Use hyperlinks or otherwise include sources you find. Funny, interesting, or zany information, as long as it is accurate are ok.
You can check off each of these tasks…
Blog Skills Checklist for Session 3
- You have changed your display name to something that makes sense.
- You have added a real image for your avatar.
- You know how to use categories and tags when crafting a post.
- You know how to use the “read more” insert into a post so your post does not chew up the whole front page.
- You know how to find the wordpress.com support.
- You know how to include hyperlinks in your posts.
- You know how to include multimedia in your posts.